1. Little Nikki the Soothsayer. I truly can't believe there's not more heat on the Russian election interference angle from both sides of the aisle. Foreign interference in a government election is not a partisan issue. Hopefully we won't be longing for the days when we talked about heartless conservatives and drinking the tears of liberals as we stand to salute Mother Russia, eh, comrades? Oh no she didn't open with Khrushchev. Oh yes, she did. If we spent countless dollars and months investigating emails, we can certainly do the same here and absolutely no one should be willing to take the risk that they actually did interfere and we're just going to let it slide. Americans don't let shit like that slide. Get off your ass and get on the phone with your government representatives and tell them you want a full bipartisan investigation.
2. The news out of Aleppo is heartbreaking. Last week I read a fiction book that had the Bosnian conflict of the 1990s as a sub-plot. The terrors of that time that the world watched...like we're watching now. It sucks, to feel helpless. Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was. I keep thinking we should be more evolved by now but as long as there's greed and a thirst for power and corruption, we will not evolve past slaughtering people.
3. Daily plan of action: be like Jane.
4. Quick tip for when you need ripe bananas for baking but only have green bananas: Line a baking sheet, preheat the oven to 350, and bake them for 25 minutes. Let cool for quite a while, they will be bursting hot. Then they're good to go in your breads/muffins/etc.
5. Every time I get home from a long or a short trip, I unpack, leave shit laying around for weeks, then need to use the spare room so I shove it all in drawers and forget about it. As a consequence, I buy travel items I don't need because they're in the jumble of shit I've shoved away, and it's a mess. I finally conquered it Tuesday night.
6. Christmas shopping is finished, as is Christmas bagging. I wrapped two things, haphazardly, for MFD and Lola Jean. Everything else went in a bag. Christmas baking is not happening, but Christmas eating is as soon as I get my hands on the cookies from my mother.
7. As most of you know, I am a true library lover. It is my natural habitat. However...I have about 498,028 books on my kindle to be read, and a pile of books that I own, so I'm going to attempt to avoid requesting any more books from the library until I get through a lot of those...like, I want to spend January reading them and not going to the library. It's a good time to do this as I have no holds placed and only two books out right now. Plus, I walk there, and January is fucking cold. The photo below is my do not cry, it'll be here in February face. So that's my reading plan: read what I have. Did you guys read through the Show Us Your Books posts Tuesday to get some ideas for your reading list? Or to enter the annual Show Us Your Books holiday giveaway?
8. Tomorrow is the seasonal goals linkup with me & Sara from Journey of Doing! Grab the code below if you'd like.
9. Reminder. Important all the time but especially in a season where there's more demands on your time than ever.
Local friends, The City of Philadelphia Office of Homeless Services has announced a Code Blue alert that went into effect last night at 6 p.m. and will be in effect until December 21 at 6 a.m. Please call 215-232-1984 if you encounter anyone experiencing homelessness who is need of help.
Linking up with Kristin & Joey