2. Blog friends are the shit. Jen from That's What She Read mailed me her copy of The Woman in Cabin 10, which I've been dying to read even though I was stuck in the basement of the library hold list. And she's cool with me mailing it to Jana so we can discuss it for The Armchair Librarians before we send it back Jen's way. And Steph from Not Entirely Perfect sent me her Bumble & Bumble pret-a-powder to try.
3. Speaking of books, because I'm always speaking of books and feel a compulsion to do so, The Woman in Cabin 10 is the fourth book I've begun since Saturday. I've hit a streak of can't put 'em down novels. My personal sweet spot.
4. When I pop into Sephora, nine times out of 10 it's to re-stock my daily go-to lip product.
5. Geege went to the vet Tuesday night - he needs some teeth removed, which the in-home vets don't do. This was for his pre-dental surgery check-up. I also wanted to get him started with acupuncture before his back leg issues get worse. We're going with an acupuncture and injections treatment hoping to boost his energy and strengthen his cartilage. The golden turmeric paste the dogs are getting is helping too. I could make a full time job out of the health maintenance of these aging dogs, but I need my full time job to pay for them.
6. Yesterday our last renters of the summer checked out at the shore. It was a successful first season, and one in which I learned a gazillion lessons. I'm looking forward to not being on the business end of the house and instead actually enjoying it over the next few months. We have family and friends down in the next few weeks and most weekends in September and October with only one weekend of people we don't know in the house. September at the shore is one of my favorites. Last year we listed the house on VRBO the first week of January and were booked for the season by the second week of February. I'm hoping for more of the same, and given the amount of inquiries I've already had for the 2017 summer season, I think it'll happen. I already booked a week in July. Plan a head people are my favorite.
7. Last week I talked about officially reaching the point in the summer where I'm wearing the same five things with no regard for anything else in my closet. This week I talk about where I've officially reached the point in the summer where I have no desire to do any food prep or meal planning. Toast for dinner it is!
8. Top two recent assholes: Lying Liar Lochte and EPI pen price gougers.