Monday, August 27, 2018

TWTW - the one where I was passing time

Friday night Bruce and I went to the shore solo, which would prove to be a huge mistake. We took an extra long walk and ogled the night gardens. I stayed up until 12:30 to finish a book.
Saturday morning we were up at 5:30 for the drive over to Dog Beach to see the sunrise. We also saw a penis sand drawing and I was laughing like a hyena on a mostly empty beach for about 10 minutes.  When we got back we sat on the porch and Bruce stared at everyone silently while I started a new book.
One of my favorite returning families checked out on Saturday. Always sad to see awesome people go, but they will be back again next year. I thought Bruce would be tired out from running on the beach and staring at people so intensely but alas I was wrong. He howled the whole time I was doing turnover shit and my nerves were shot, I could hear him on the top floor which is four floors up. I sat with him, walked him more, and fed him and escaped to the beach for an hour to start another book. He is a pack animal and needs the other dogs in the apartment when I'm not there. I was in bed reading by 9:30.
Sunday Bruce got up at 4:30 and 6:30 but since he can't tell time he missed the sunrise. After a long walk and some porch sitting and coffee, we headed to Dog Beach. There were tons of big friends there and Bruce chased and got chased.
He was content to snooze while I cleaned the apartment and made some foaming hand soap, reusing Dial containers, to take home. It was arguably one of the best beach days of the summer but I was on the road by noon to get home and do some work, pick up a few groceries, make dinner, and do laundry. Our last weekly rental checked in on Saturday and I'm just worn out by this point. I'm looking forward to being down there all week next week with no one in the house. Lots of traffic and a hanger incident on the way home but the wildflowers on the expressway are lovely at this time of year so at least there's that.
I was home by 2, got laundry going, reunited the pack, picked up some groceries, talked to my Dad to plot out shore ceiling priming and possibly painting, and did some work. National Dog Day was officially Sunday but it's every day in this house.
Sunday night MFD and I popped over to Nonno's Gelato, which is like two minutes from our house, and it was delicious. I can't believe it's taken us so long to try it. I had cherry cheesecake.

Weekly food prep - breakfast is scrambled eggs. Snack is power breakfast muffins. Lunch is tuna with celery, olives, and capers with a side of bell peppers. Sunday dinner was macaroni salad, corn, and grilled bone-in pork chops that were freaking amazing. Other dinners are leftovers of that and lemon broccoli pasta. I'm making the scrambled eggs and tuna tonight since I don't need breakfast or lunch on Monday.

Last week of work before a whole week off. It's been over a year since I've been off for a week and while I like my days here and there, I'm definitely feeling in my brain that this is due. 

How was yours? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think, leave a comment! I'll reply to you via email if you have an email associated with yourself, otherwise, check back here for my reply. Your data will not be used to spam you or sold for others to contact you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips
Pin It button on image hover