Over two years ago I posted my 40 before 40 list. It quickly became apparent to me that I wouldn't check everything off...some would not be feasible, and some I just didn't have the desire to do anymore. I also did some things I never imagined I'd even have the opportunity to do when I made this list - like travel to South Africa, or buy a shore house, or meet Bruce Springsteen - which were awesome before 40 bonuses. Some of my 40 wishes did come true though. I think I liked making this list more than anything - and I won't be making a 50 list because 50 things is a lot.
See a play on Broadwaydone March 4 Walk over the Brooklyn Bridgedone March 4
- Skydive so I still sort of want to do this, but I'm not sure if that's because I think I want to or because I actually want to
Go tubing on a riverdone August 13
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen - not technically, although we did volunteer on Thanksgiving day to serve and clean up food in 2015
Eat a lobster roll in Mainedone July 18, 2015 Stay in a Falls View room at Niagara Falls- done March 14-16, 2015 Write a novelladone December 2015. This will not see the light of day. Tip 100% of the bill at a restaurant- at the Tuckahoe Inn on September 24, 2016 Go whale watching- in Cape May, September 24, 2016 See Mt. Rushmore- done September 2015 Take a spontaneous weekend trip – deciding to go and leaving that same daydone July 24, 2015
Watch Old Faithful blow- done September 2015
- Stroll along the Seine went to Scotland instead
Go to high tea.In Scotland.
- Learn conversational French Abandoned when Paris was abandoned
Adopt a family in need at ChristmasChristmas 2015
- Witness the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace Never made it to England
- Go to a college football game I gave away tickets in a bigger stadium to go to the shore
Eat at a farm to table restaurant (stole this one from Jana, thanks friend!)Talula's Garden on June 19, 2015, and many more after that. Read two Agatha Christie novels – a Marple and a PoirotI hated the Marple (attempted in May 2015) but liked the Poirot (read in June 2015) Participate in a walk to raise money for pancreatic cancerNovember 2015 Get the tattoo on my back touched upMarch 2017 (see pic on the bottom) Stand on the Cliffs of MoherNovember 2, 2016
- Buy a pair of Frye boots I've hated every pair I've tried on so far. I bought Pikolinos instead and I fucking love them.
- Go to the opera Opera on the Mall was cancelled due to weather and rescheduled to when I couldn't go
See the Mississippi River- February 2016 Beignets at Café du Monde- February 2016
Conquer my fear of the grillSummer 2015 - I made myself grill once a week.
- See the Chincoteague Ponies - newp. But I will see the ponies on Ocracoke this summer.
Have dinner at Vetri- September 3, 2015 Cheesesteak tour in Philly- I did the cheesesteak festival and I'm calling it done
- Visit the Morris Arboretum - this was my backup plan for my birthday since we couldn't be at the shore. We also couldn't de-ice my car in a timely manner, so, no.
- Go to the Mutter Museum
Attend an author event at the Philadelphia Free Library- Toni Morrison book signing April 29, 2015. I also saw Jodi Picoult there with Jana in October 2016.
- Get something published on HuffPost I never even tried
- Take a cooking or baking class Stopped looking
Learn how to use a drillShore house work spring 2016
- Pick strawberries and make a strawberry pie from them abandoned, not interested
- Bake French bread - I am literally never allowed to put this on a to do list ever again in my life.
Outta Sight Studios in Fairless Hills.