What was in the checked bag - others I was traveling with were checking, and if one checks, you all check - but it was 21 inches with wheels:
- A pair of ankle boots and a pair of Tom's with a larger bottom
- Four bottoms: one jeans, three leggings (clothes were in packing cubes)
- Six-ish tops: one black tunic length cowl neck sweater, one marled knit v-neck, one black tunic length 3/4 sleeve top, one crew neck thin sweater, one tunic length v-neck, and a spare thin tank
- One set of pajamas: Gap favorite pants, long sleeve tee, tank top
- Undergarments: two bras, five pairs of underwear, five pairs of socks
- Makeup bag
- Health & beauty aids bag - I brought solid shampoos and put my day and night face lotions and eye cream in contact lens cases
- Travel laundry kit
- Two paperback books
- Scarf, hat, gloves
- One thin fleece
- One long rain jacket (I took the lining out of that one for this trip)
- One fold up zipper bag that could be checked on the way back
What was in the carry on:
- Medicines in an organizer
- Electronics: power cords for iPhone, camera, kindle; adapters
- Purse w/ wallet, passport, camera
- One heavy fleece
- Mini flight organizer bag to pull out before bag went into overhead with tissues, ear plugs, sleep mask, kindle, iPhone, portable charger, headphones, a pair of socks, and a pair of snoozies slippers
I wore a pair of yoga pants, a tank, a vneck, and a pair of sneakers.
- I could have done with one less top, one less pair of shoes, only one fleece, and none of my vitamins because I ignored them most days
- We shop when we travel and we needed the checked bag on the way home.
- I can do this smaller bag thing if I do some laundry while traveling. One of the places we stayed had a washer, but it was a washer/dryer in one and I had no idea how to use it so I think my clothes got clean but I can't be sure. For those other times, there's the woolite travel laundry kit.
Are you an over-packer or under-packer?