my birthday giveaway. Christine C from Philly won, and I donated $25 to the charity of her choice this week. She chose The City of Elderly Love Rescue, an organization helping elderly pets here in Philly. Huge thumbs up to that pick Christine! I am assembling her box of fun things and will mail that out next week. I'll show you guys what was in it after she gets it. Thanks to all who entered!
3. Tuesday was library day. I have a shit ton of books to get through from Netgalley...did that stop me from plucking two off the shelves based on the covers alone? No. It did not. I try to always use my dorky tote bag on library day.
5. Terrorism. As an individual, it's hard to fathom what I can do to combat it. Then I think, be mindful. Be mindful of what I'm putting out in the world. Be mindful of my words, my thoughts, my energy. Look for the light. Don't dwell in the dark next to the fear and the rage and the cowardice and all the lesser emotions that can combine and give small groups of maniacs a foothold and a gathering place. I'm not praying for Brussels today - I'm praying for the whole damn world. Thanks to my friend Brie of A Breezy Life for sharing this on her instagram:
6. Our shore renters for this weekend cancelled Monday due to a hip break. Not mad about it since we're still having issues with our gas wall heater despite getting it looked at twice. Given that we're not getting the electric wall heater/AC installed until April, my overactive worry drive can take the weekend off. I'm going down there this weekend with the intention of only organizing the efficiency with owner's stuff for the season and not doing anything else except trying to act like a part-time resident.
7. Yesterday was bananas. I was solving a major technical work problem in the Target parking lot at 9 p.m. AFTER saving $32.76 in Target like a fucking boss. I also got rid of the couches in the basement, successfully giving them to someone, so Operation Reconfigure Basement can fully commence Sunday night. My soul feels lighter already. I had someone claim them and then continue to never pick them up for two weeks...I didn't think it would be that hard to get rid of free furniture. But they ended up going to a home that is happy to have them so all's well that ends well.
8. I rickrolled Laura the other week. It makes me laugh. So does this t-shirt.
9. Did you guys read Jill's blog on LUSH products? Don't forget to enter to win $25 to LUSH by following her on instagram (@kicksandlipsticks), uploading a pic of your favorite LUSH product or one you want to try (grab a shot from the website here), and use the hashtag #lushtastic.
10. E-card of the week...