2. Since I've opened up with a roll of toilet paper rakishly left off the MFing holder, I might as well follow up with gross dog tales. Gus had a significantly awful butt incident Monday, went to the vet Tuesday, got checked out and tested for parasites...nothing. We think it's colitis. The vet says nothing. I hate when my dogs are not well, I really want them to be able to talk and tell me how to help them. I spent all of Tuesday and Wednesday nights cleaning up dog poop all over. MFD had the day shifts, which are infinitely longer. It's a veritable poopacalypse in our house. Geege remains my best nicest boy and Mae seems to be faring well on wet food only. She only pukes when I give her dry food. This concludes the report on my dogs' bodily functions that you did not ask for. Bye.Dani & Erin's Challenge to read all of my books - books I've had sitting on shelves, paperbacks shoved into crevices. Instead I rode the Library Gravy Train to shiny new books. I did manage to clear out my Netgalley account and read the three books I had from them, as well as three that had been sitting on my kindle for what felt like a decade. I consider myself mildly successful in reading my e-books, although I do still have some long lingerers on the kindle. I didn't manage to read one single physical book I already owned. So, in addition to the shit ton of books still on my kindle, as well as the $2 paperbacks I couldn't resist at Barnes & Noble to leave in the apartment at the shore, I still have the stack of books on the bookshelf at home that I set aside specifically for this challenge, crying read me as if they're marooned on the Island of Misfit Toys. Maybe next month? Probably not. I can't quit the library.
4. Of course I partook in Amazon Prime Day on Tuesday. I got MFD a hammock he wanted ($30 off), a Kindle Paperwhite for moi ($20 off), and two sets of king size sheets, 50% off each. And this time I used Amex points so it was all freeee. Free is for me. The best way for me to shop Prime Day is to look on my various wish lists and buy what's on sale so I'm not buying random crap I don't need.
5. It is absolutely crazy to me that I can order groceries at 11 p.m. and have them delivered to my doorstep before 7 a.m. No, I did not order just one item. But I forgot something so I added it to my order immediately. The rest of the order was placed at 10:56 p.m.
9. I just blocked out my calendar to spend every September weekend at the shore. I love it down there always, I just love it more in the off-season.
10. E-card of the week. This made me LOL as I used the facebook unfollow button a lot this week:
For the second week in a row, today is my Friday.