2. I did have to laugh at the people raging over Meryl Streep daring to use her time on stage to talk politics and shitting on her because she's a millionaire celebrity...meanwhile, they voted a millionaire celebrity into the office of the president. Politics are part of life. They can be talked about anywhere. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. You better be careful, trump supporters, or you'll be labeled special snowflakes and the new drink of choice will be cups of conservative tears soon. Hypocrisy...look it up. By the way, Meryl got a lot of screen time but did you see the clip of Viola Davis backstage in response to a reporter's question? Fierce. I love her. Click here to see it.
3. I know, by this time, you're all STFU about politics and I do try to keep it to two things...but can I let this week go without mentioning Pee Gate? No, I cannot. Is it fake? We'll see. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the witticisms it has brought to twitter (search #goldenshowers for some funnies). Even if it is fake, I think I'll keep it around as long as the birthers kept Obama's birth certificate ruse going and as long as the Clinton haters invoked the blow job heard round the world. I often seek to go high in response to others going low, but not this time. Don't worry, I won't let the pee distract me from the issues. Rex Tillerson's hearing for Secretary of State was rough yesterday-it's clear he knows little about what's happening in the world and that his ties with Russia and Putin are undeniable-and if you don't want that, in addition to calling your own senators call Sen Corker (R-TN) who is chairing the selection committee on Tillerson (202) 224-3344 and Sen Cardin (D-MD) who is the ranking member on the committee and voice your dissent. And hell call ANYONE you want about the ACA - while we slept last night the GOP started gutting it without a replacement plan - that they've had eight years to come up with - and voted down protections for VETERANS and people with pre-existing conditions...you know, the things the majority of Americans were in favor of keeping about the plan that they said they would not touch.
4. Do you have a winter playlist on spotify? I think if you click here you can get to mine. If you can't, let me know.
5. I need to paint my nails, but I'm going bowling on Friday night and that's not a good combination.
6. My heaven features roasted vegetables.
7. I've been looking for a chair like this for years, since I fell in love with one at Marshalls and then fell victim to Marshalls Law when I didn't purchase it immediately. I found it now at Pier 1, and it's on sale...but it means I have to go back to the scene of the paint crime to pick it up if I buy it. And I think I have to buy it I've already spent years pining over not buying it the last time.
8. Check out my friend Lyndsey's blog - raw and real and she's just dipping her feet in the writing is good for the soul pool. Click here to view/read.
9. Speaking of good for the soul...reminder: Self care.
Insert witty sign off line here.