My nails represent this week's sad state of affairs. When I was saving this photo to my computer, I named it Sad Nails:
Does this week seem shitty to anyone else? I mean even the regular TV shows were lackluster this week. I watched Gossip Girl in fast forward because the episode sucked so hard, same for last week's Vampire Diaries. I knew who the killer was in 10 seconds on Criminal Minds, and why the hell are they giving the profile so early recently, before they even discuss the case?
|Dr. Spencer Reid, I expect more from you.|
I also had to put a book to rest. Swamplandia!, I wanted you to be so much better, but I could not get past 55 pages. Sayonara. I followed that disappointment up with Last Night at Chateau Marmont, which was eh at best. I am now settled in to Ed King, and it's holding my attention quite well.
Other bad things from this week:
- Errands have gone poorly, and seem never ending. Why? How?
- I dodged human poop in Suburban Station on my way home on Tuesday. Again, why? How?
- Today I woke up seven minutes after I normally LEAVE for the train station.
- My driver side door does not want to work properly. It was replaced a few months ago and now has to go back. Damnit.
- I do not have a winning lottery ticket in my possession.
- Tomorrow I will wear jeans on a working Friday for the first time in more than three years, and this is because I have a class off-site in King of Prussia and I can. Praise you tiny denim-loving baby Jesus.
- I have not murdered anyone even though I have PMS.
- I pre-ordered The Bloggess's book today.
- This weekend is shaping up to be a good one, with plans for lots of movies, new recipes, and times with friends in the mix.
- Lori and Jack will bring Maxwell home tomorrow!
This concludes my poorly planned post.
Have a wonderful day, unless you've made other plans.