|And all the night's magic seems to whisper and hush.|
But back to my Wednesday night. Last night...
1. I did wash for the first time in nine days. You truly do not appreciate having a washer in your home until your washer breaks. I felt like Sarah Cynthia Silvia Stout but instead of not taking the garbage out, I was not taking care of the laundry. I did three loads last night and one load this morning. Good news! Only 208430948 more loads to go until everything is clean, and that's not including MFD's laundry. He does his own.
2. I made two large pots of meaty red sauce to freeze. It smelled absolutely fabulous. There are few things I like to do more in the kitchen than make vats of sauce or soup to eat, freeze and share.
|Please excuse the slippers.|
3. I watched Modern Family. Always a pisser.
4. In the span of five minutes, I dropped six eggs on the floor, cleaned them up, dropped a cup of milk on the floor, cleaned that up, and said 467 curse words.
5. I was reminded again of the importance of having a strong sense of self worth, and also how imperative it is to have friends who will have your back in a crisis. I thank the universe for my friends every single day. A dear friend of ours is going through a very bad time, and that is always hard to watch.
That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
~ Friedrich Nietzsche
This weekend, January will be half over. Say what? I have things to do!
1. Make meatloaf. I haven't made it in a while and now I have a hankering for it.
2. Have a Goslingthon: Blue Valentine, Crazy Stupid Love, Ides of March.
4. Assemble my To Try recipe binder, which will set me up to test at least two new recipes per month for the rest of the year, but preferably four.
5. Convince you, my fine feathered friend, to join me at the Strike Out Cancer and Spare Lives bowling event on Saturday, February 4. It's fun, and it's for a great cause. Pretty please with whatever you want on top, come out and join us! For more information or to buy tickets online, visit http://phillyrelaystrikeoutcancer-esearch.eventbrite.com/?srnk=1. Lanes must be reserved so let me know if you're coming.
Thank God it's Thursday,