2. Charity: Covenant House Pennsylvania - an organization I truly can't say enough about. They provide an immediate safe harbor for homeless kids under 21 but also work to help these kids become self sufficient going forward. It's that time of year again. MFD and I are sleeping out on March 24 to raise awareness and money for these homeless youth - read about last year's sleep out here and donate here. And my friend Gladys of Old Lady Gladys is running 40 freaking miles to raise $5,000 for Covenant House THIS weekend. She is $1200 from her goal. Please consider helping her make that by clicking here.
3. Fatassery: My activity level has been zero. I am jump starting myself with the 40 in 40 - 40 minutes of activity for 40 days during Lent with a rest day every week. So that started Wednesday
4. Shore: Opening the house next weekend, probably a week earlier than we should, and I can't wait. That will help with #3 up there too, we're much more active down there and I'm looking for painting to be my activity for at least four out of the 40 days. It's rented for the summer with the exception of a week in June and Memorial Day Weekend. If it rents those times, great, if not, great - we extended to rent a week past we did last year so it's still the same amount of weeks overall.
Outta Sight Studios in Fairless Hills. Aubrey referred me to them and Tom did an awesome job. Pictures later when it's not so red and hurty looking. The actual getting of the tattoo hurt less than I remembered (my last one was over 16 years ago) but the after hurt more than I remembered.
6. People I cut out this week: Anyone who believes in this insane invented war on the press by this administration. Done. Don't want to know you. Don't care how I knew you. Don't care to argue about it. Christ even George W. Bush spoke out about this. And if you'll notice, the president did not mention this EXTREMELY PRESSING ISSUE in his joint address to Congress. That should tip off any cult follower that it's made up. If it was pressing for America, you would've heard about it there. Everyone does realize how infantile and insane it is for a sitting United States President to spend so much time ranting about the media, yes? He's issuing surveys about the media to civilians. And people know that the only reason to mount a war against the media and make them out to be an enemy of the people is to discredit the media ("fake news" "liberal media") and remove an essential pillar of democracy, right? It's like seeing into the past and watching the first people who bought into Nazi propaganda believing the administration's tales about the lugenpresse. You can't argue with these fake news people and I don't care to be around anyone who can't critically think this through.
Tuesdays with Toomey happen during lunch at his offices all over the state.
8. A Day Without A Woman is on Wednesday, March 8, International Women's Day: If you can't/don't want to take the day off, you can still participate by a) wearing red in solidarity; b) seeking out any gatherings or rallies in your area; and c) refraining from shopping. Women are the world's most powerful consumers and are responsible for over 80% of household buying decisions.
9. Reminder: Every month is women's history month, but especially this month. Echoing my cousin's blog post - I am thankful for the strong women around me.
Today is also Read Across America Day and Dr. Seuss's birthday. Go read a book today!
What's new with you?