Also celebrating birthdays today: Debbie, AJ, and Griffin. Love to all of my September 1 babies!
2. We are spending some time down the shore for MFD's birthday, and I'm looking forward to sort of losing time and not really having a schedule. In our house, the birthday person makes the call for what they want to do on their birthday so today is entirely up to him! I see some sort of fishing in my future. Good thing books are portable! Hey ohhh.
3. Gus's birthday was Monday and it was...shitty. That night he was crapping blood all over the house and throwing up. MFD came home from the shore Tuesday to take him to the vet and he got bloodwork done. Wednesday I took him back for x-rays. We should know something today or tomorrow, so please spare a prayer for my first puppy. Meanwhile Geege was fretting and Mae was out back tracking and hunting cicadas like Crocodile Dundee. Only with cicadas of course.
4. Have I mentioned that Geege has a stroller now? I am having to carry him at the shore a lot, and I simply can't. It was delivered on Sunday and I'll be that lady soon. Oh, look...she's pushing her dog...in a stroller. He'll be comfortable, my arms won't be broken, and the other two dogs can carry on as they would, so no fucks given.
5. When my friend Catie shared this this week I thought damn it's like the bottom was written by Maisel. Well, Hazel. It made me laugh a lot.
6. I hit the library Monday for the first time in a while. I was getting no love from my hold list. This Conroy is quite possibly a re-read but I couldn't remember so I put it on my to read list and picked it up. Show Us Your Books is on September 13. There should be a new Armchair Librarians dropping sometime today in which Jana and I discuss Dark Matter by Blake Crouch. In future episodes we will be doing a Ruth Ware podcast (discussing The Woman in Cabin 10 and In a Dark, Dark Wood) and The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead. We also have an Instagram account (blank right now but please give us a follow) and are looking for other bookish souls who'd like to take it over for a few days at a time and share your bookish life. Let me or Jana know if you're interested.
7. Seasonal goal people, the Fall Goal linkup with Sara from Journey of Doing and me is on Friday, September 16. Mark your calendars. Feel free to report in on your summer goals too!
8. Well I know ya'll wanted that 808 can you feel that B-A-S-S bass?