2. I also always want people to recognize the distinction between Memorial Day and Veterans Day. They are different. Every day is the day to thank a vet. Every day is the day to call your government reps and tell them you want vets to walk into any medical building in this country and receive immediate medical care, free; and that you want a place for every vet on the street to lay their head. Bonus if you tell your Congress person on the phone that while Congress does not deserve a pay raise ever again, the military does. ANYWAY. Monday. Monday is the day specifically set aside to remember those who did not make it home. It's a day to remember our dead. Freedom is certainly not free.
3. I'm about ready to call fuck this shit o'clock on this week. Debbie and I are heading down the shore with the dogs for the weekend. The weather will finally cooperate so I can sit on the beach and read a book for hours. Even if I have to do it in a sweatshirt.
6. Morning boys. Mae does not show her face until she's ready to show her face.
7. This week's library haul. I'm still working on one to finish from the last time I went. I'm hoping to read a lot this weekend. New episode of The Armchair Librarians drops today where Jana & I discuss Julie Murphy books. Thanks to those of you who submitted questions for our interactive episode, we record that tonight.
8. I typically hate everything about Tuesdays. This Tuesday rocked it - we went to Pho Saigon for dinner, got the final piece of shore furniture for the year from IKEA, then checked out the Chinese Lantern Festival in Franklin Square. More on that tomorrow. I did hate that the delicious Vietnamese Coffee I drank at 7:30 kept me up until after 2, which made me too tired to zumba last night. I did get to see my Lola instead though, so it all worked out in the end. Well, it worked out mostly to the end. See next.
9. If we're friends on face space, sorry for the screenshot but I am too tired after this shitshow debacle to care. I hope you at least get a laugh out of it. I got plenty when I was laying in bed with paint in my hair and so caked on my hands and nails that I couldn't get it all off.
What are your Memorial Day weekend plans?