1. The bastard squirrels have eaten too many of my bulbs. Lori is going to re-plant spring bulbs for me in the fall. The few that remain are crutching along. I've been planning my front flower bed this past week.
4. Every April, MFD likes to play the guess how much we owe in taxes game. I do not like to play this game, but I humor him. This year something went terribly awry during said game and his typo had me thinking we owed the federal government $110,000. Never mind that there's no way that could possibly be, I was not thinking clearly and I believed it. He was out with clients and didn't get my frantic WTF texts so basically I nearly died and within minutes had planned to sell everything I own and move into a van down by the river. He had a hoot of a laugh when he got back to me, as has everyone else who has heard this story since Tuesday.
5. Jana and I are super jazzed that Show Us Your Books had 55 posts link up this month, including ours. What a fucking fantastic community of readers. When people ask for book recommendations, I'm just going to send them to this link and say if you can't find one here, I don't know what to tell you. Thank you and good day. I SAID GOOD DAY. Anyhoo Jana and I met up for lunch on Wednesday and even though she drug two old books I lent her with her, I left them in the booth with the romantic notion that someone in need of a book might happen upon them.
should be available to you sometime today. Happy National Library Week! I'm glad many of you are enjoying this podcast. We are doing this because we think it's fun to talk about books once a week. We think we have the audio at a better place, but it's never going to sound like it's recorded in a studio because it's not. We are recording in cars and kitchens, with dogs barking and trains running by, husbands and kids busting in, eating cookies because we cannot refrain...okay that last one is just me.
7. Jana also bought me this Urban Decay Sheer Revolution lipstick, which I love a) for the name and b) for the color.
9. I've been watching Rectify. Have you guys seen it?