1. Made quesadillas for a quick Friday night dinner. Just your basic cheese on whole wheat tortillas with some garnish. I'm a big fan of quesadillas. Big. Huge.
2. Lazy hausfraued, employing my swiffer duster instead of the ol' rag and Pine Sol.
3. Got my farm share, and used fresh eggs and mushrooms for breakfast on Saturday. I freaking love fresh eggs.
4. Ran errands in the glorious weather on Saturday. I scored two mats at Bed, Bath & Beyond on clearance for the price that I normally pay for one. I also managed to leave Sam's without any baked goods because MFD was not with me.
5. Oatmeal for this week's breakfasts. Lunch and dinner - baked chicken and either roasted broccoli, steamed asparagus, or sauteed cabbage.
6. Currently reading: Claire DeWitt and the City of the Dead.
7. Spent a lot of time outside with these spring fever having dogs.
8. Purged and reorganized my spices after my new delivery of Penzey's. I also got this awesome dish towel from them.
9. Whipped up a quick dinner Saturday night: bacon, shallot, mushroom, and leek pasta in a cream sauce.
- Make it to Target
- Pack for Mexico
- Get enough sleep due to dog ahole wakeup committee both days
- Partake in my favorite new Sunday ritual of early to bed in fresh sheets to read and watch Downton Abbey...I was too busy taking chicken for the week out of the oven at 10 p.m. and making lists of all the shit I need to get done this week
Things you may have missed this weekend: a date with Amanda.
On this date last year, I was in the hospital waiting for MFD to have surgery after his accident. I'm quite glad we're in a much better place this year. And very grateful to be showered and in clean clothes instead of looking and smelling like a dirty hobo camping out in a regional medical center.
Tomorrow I'm sharing a crescent roll jalapeno popper recipe. Appetizers are by far my favorite things.