1. The zoo. I love the cute animals but I hate that they don't live in their natural habitat.
2. Concerts. While I like live music, I don't want to see a concert with 25,000 other people. I have a thing about crowds, claustrophobia, being surrounded by pushy jackasses, and fighting to get out of parking lots.
3. Starbucks. I don't enjoy paying eleventy billion dollars for coffee, even if it's fancy. Also I feel like I'm cheating on Dunkin Donuts if I go there so no can do-sies unless it is my only option.
4. Clubs. I don't frequent bars much period anymore, but when I do, it's pubs not clubs. That's the way it's always been and the way it will always be. Give me a corner bar with a jukebox over some sleek neon nightmare palace reverberating with un-sah un-sah un-sah beats any day.
5. Subway, especially in Philadelphia. We are the goddamn home of the hoagie. This city birthed that sandwich. Do not patronize Subway, a national chain that has a weird odor. It is a freaking disgrace. Call your local hoagie shop, go to a local chain, make your own hoagie. I don't care if it's only $5 for a foot long.
What places do you avoid?
Join me in wishing my Dad a happy birthday weekend! His birthday is tomorrow (I originally said Sunday because my days are all fucked. WTH). Check out blog posts about my Dad here and here. Love you Dad, so much love that I wore an Eagles t-shirt to celebrate your 50th during our trip to the Keys and I hate the Eagles.
here, follow her on twitter and use the hashtag #MakeItHappen.
In case you missed it...our Halloween. Bob Ross and a Happy Little Tree, Gus in drag, Princess Maisel, and Punk Rock Geege. The pugs are not amused.
Linking up with