1. Happy birthday to my first dog, my Gussie. Cheeseburger for you tonight, buddy. Hell, cheeseburgers for all dogs. It's good to be a dog in our house.
5. Tomorrow's Friday Five will be brought to you by two September 1 babies: MFD and Debbie. We also have two other friends and our friends' son who have a September 1 birthday. It's a popular day.
7. I'm ready for casserole season. Anyone else?
8. I'm ready for the return of Homeland, Modern Family, Criminal Minds, Nashville, CSI, Parks & Rec, The Good Wife, and The Vampire Diaries. I'm also interested in checking out Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Blacklist, The Millers, Sean Saves the World, Dracula, and The Originals. Usually one of the new shows is a keeper, and one of the the old ones bites it.
9. Engine Engine Number Nine
on the New York transit line
If my train jumps off the track
pick it up pick it up pick it up
10. Ecard of the week:
Quick! Hit me with three random thoughts you've had in the past hour. Go.