1. I love my striped bedroom chair. Just looking at it makes me happy.
2. I organized my makeup brushes on my dresser a la Gwen from Confessions of a Gila Monster. They need a little more work - I have to swap the round jar out for one of my square ones. I'm dying to try the polenta dish in that post too.
3. My happy place: cucumbers and cream cheese on a bagel and an icy cold V8.
4. It's time to change my wallet. I got these on super clearance at Target. Which to choose which to choose.
5. Spare room vignette: Love Makes Life a Beautiful Ride printable, old garage sale tray, candle, Grandmom's ring holder.
I am so so happy it's Friday. Here are this week's happies and crappies. I'm starting with crappies and ending with happies because I like to end on the up.
- Lots and lots of deadlines with a heaping side of stress and headaches for dessert.
- Butthole drivers caused me to miss my train on Tuesday morning.
- Then I was stuck on the train for an extra hour on Wednesday.
- This impending bastard winter storm has cancelled my weekend with my BFFs, which I could totally use right now. Suck it, winter.
- Precipitation makes MFD think he's a weatherman. He's been monitoring this storm and telling me all about the Gulf Stream and the European Model and the flim flam and the shim sham and I don't care we can look out the window and see the weather we don't need to study it. Sweet Brown, save me. Ain't nobody got time fo dat.
- In a few short hours, this week will be in the history books. There will be much rejoicing throughout my land.
- I was rocking my favorite nail polish, Essie Merino Cool.
- I'm all caught up on Downton Abbey. This is also a crappie, because now I'm like a crackhead jonesing for more Downton Abbey and no dealer in town has any.
- Even though I was looking forward to being with my girls this weekend and away from my everyday digs, the truth is I could probably use some major decompression this weekend after the week I've had.
- I hausfraued like a champ last night so I can lounge, read, cook, nap, and maybe do some organizational projects this weekend. Or I can find another show to watch obsessively for 14 or 15 hours a day.
- I signed up for the Lucky Leprechaun Book & Polish Swap. Visit Fortune Favors the Brave, Lulu & Sweet Pea, or My Three Bittles to sign up! Who doesn't love books and nail polish? If you say ME to both, we maybe can't be friends anymore. I need to decide which of my favorite books I'll be sending. It's safe to say I have my favorite polish picked out already. Someone's getting Essie Merino Cool. Boom.
- This $25 Target Giftcard Giveaway. Because I love you.
Thank you so much for reading my blog. Good luck and have a great weekend! You can enter through the weekend. Spread the word and share the love!
New Englanders, start limbering up for the shoveling now. Stay gold, Pony Boy.
Linking up with The Sowell Life for The Friday Five and The Vintage Modern Wife and Scissors & a Whisk for Happies & Crappies.