I've done this before, US Mag style. For you regular readers, this may be a refresher. Welcome new readers. Enjoy 20 useless facts about me.
1. I love the ampersand. It's my favorite. & & & & & & & &
2. I met my husband when we were 13, but we didn't date until we were 25. We got married when we were 33.
3. I think the BLT is the perfect sandwich. When I'm not in the mood for anything specifically, the BLT is a good fall back.
4. I have issues functioning in chaotic environments. I can't stand mess. If the apocalypse came and I survived amidst the rubble and woke up to shit strewn everywhere, I'm not sure I'd consider that a victory.
5. I'm a really good cook. I brushed it off for years, but I can get it done in the kitchen. And better yet, I enjoy it.
6. I don't like to choose restaurants but I will gladly be the decision maker if you give me a choice of three.
7. I'm obsessed with my dogs. They are two of the very best parts of my life.
8. Reading is essential to my daily living.
9. My four favorite places to be are my house, the shore, Target, and the library.
10. I have wonderful, true, funny, loyal, long-time, lovely friends who are family (FRAMILY) to me, and some family members who are great friends. They enrich my life beyond anything I could have imagined, and I'm so grateful for them. They're not all in this photo (wedding party), but a lot of them are.
11. Along those lines, I couldn't ask for better parents, step parents, and siblings. Having a support system like that is priceless.
12. When I grow up, I want to be a novelist. I love writing and this blog was my way of getting back into it on a personal level versus writing for my job, even if all of my actual writing (meaning not lists or observations and what not) doesn't actually make it to a published blog post.
13. I'd also like to be a personal organizer. But not of cars. My car is always gross.
14. I'm very real. I don't mind laying it out on the table. I don't expect life to be full of unicorns and hearts. Some days are full of piss.
15. I suck at math and crafts. It's good to know your weaknesses.
16. I curse too much.
17. I'm not a fashionista by any means. That being said, I don't believe in leggings as pants, Uggs, or Crocs.
18. When I go to sleep, I wear a sleep mask.
19. Dislikes: wearing jeans, My Cousin Vinny, beets, passive aggressiveness, Tuesdays, seeing movies in the theater, going to the post office, dancing, getting dressed up, waiting in line, whining, attention whores, drama queens, litter, dusting, humidity, reading on an E-reader...
20. Likes: lounge attire, books, iced tea, cucumbers, berries, steak, colored glass, seashells, pictures, my quilt, my washable couches, DVR, lip products, sunglasses, flats, Dirty Dancing, magazines, DD coffee, striped or patterned socks, scarves, sneakers, Bruce Springsteen, a clean house, flip flops, nail polish, Beverly Hills 90210, open windows, fall, the ocean, politics, hockey, vacation, fresh sheets, daisies...I'll stop now.
AND. And and and. Gwen from Confessions of a Gila Monster was the winner of the My Memories Suite digital scrapbooking software giveaway. Congrats Gwen! If you're not following Gwen already, check her blog out!
Stay tuned for a Target giftcard giveaway coming up in February.
Linking up with Helene, Lora, and Emily for TMAIT and Whitney for The Facts of Moi.