Welcome to the inaugural Haphazard Wednesday post.
Random thoughts with no sequence, commence.
1. Nine days into my personal spending freeze, and I have not purchased any non necessities. HOLLER AT ME. MarlaJan at LuckFupus has enticed me with MAC cosmetics (I really do need a pressed powder that's appropriate for my skin color), but thus far I have resisted. Next payday, I'm buying the pressed powder. Don't worry, I'll be marking it down in my little dirty book of sin.
3. Do you have a word to live by in 2013? I've been kicking the idea around, and I've seen it on other blogs. Yesterday I read this post by Steph at Bourbon and Glitter, and I think she nailed. it. So go read it! Less of the things that distract from joy so I can be more of who and what I want to be.
4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my friend Michelle in Iowa (I am the bride below, Michelle is to my left)! Michelle just started blogging. She's a wonderful writer. Check her out at Handcuffed and Happy (in a married to a police officer sort of way, not a 50 Shades of Grey sort of way, ya filthy animals).
5. I made these white chicken enchiladas last night. I saw them over at Lulu and Sweetpea and had to have them.The sauce is a delectable green chile sour cream sauce. It was very good and easy. Next time I'll add a little salsa verde to the chicken and cheese mixture, or just another 4 oz can of green chiles to that mixture.
6. Everyone's out there rocking their knee high boots all over the land. Not me. I think my calves are claustrophobic. I have one pair of beautiful Ralph Lauren suede riding boots, and when I wear them I can't wait to get them off at the end of the day. BECAUSE OF MY CLAUSTROPHOBIC CALVES.
7. Si has a wife. This is her. It was on the Duck Dynasty facespace page. How about that, Jack?
8. I'm kicking around setting up a facespace page for my blog. That way people who get the blog link from FB don't have to sort through my other personal malarkey to get to the daily blog post. Timeline has ruined everything! People who come here from a link on FB, what are your thoughts on getting the daily blog post through a designated page?
9. This is in the back of the hardback edition of Notorious Nineteen. Janet Evanovitch, getting into car magnets. Hilarious. I took neither, given that I was reading a library book, but my choice is Ranger.
10. Every night this week I've wiped down the kitchen, laid my clothes out for the next day (which I NEVER do), and packed my lunch and gym bag like a good little Stepford. Normally I say SCREW IT to at least one of those things and end up in a mad dash in the morning. Not this week! Stepford all the way. And it's made the mornings so much easier.
11. Ecard of the week, sent to me via text from Lil. I roared laughing.
In the words of Johnny Castle, "You just put your pickle on everybody's plate, college boy, and leave the hard stuff to me." Have a kickass Wednesday you guys.