Thursday, January 17, 2013
Confessions of a Former Scrapbooker - and a giveaway
I used to scrapbook. Those books right there are my masterpieces. I slapped a pictures on every page and added embellishments and magazine cutouts and I loved it. Past tense. I don't scrapbook any more.
Why did I stop? Let me count the reasons.
1. Housing and organizing all the scrapbooking stuff made me crazy. I didn't have a whole room to dedicate to it, and that's what it would've taken for me to be happy with the organization.
2. I bought WAY MORE scrapbooking stuff than I could ever use. I cannot even tally the amount of money I spent on stuff I never used and ended up selling as a huge box at a flea market for $5 total.
3. Not keeping up with it made me anxious. I would order the photos from Snapfish right away, and they'd pile up in their little accusatory stacks of envelopes, taunting me for not doing anything with them.
4. At the end of every year I'd be a crazy fool, my butt bones hurting from sitting on the floor for eight hours at a time, glue all over me, paper bits scattered everywhere, racing against an invisible deadline to get them done.
5. I glued pieces of things to my dog by accident. That was funny, but also, yikes.
6. Everything leaned towards the digital.
I stopped ordering photos unless I was going to put them in frames. I stopped arranging them on a page in a book where people could pore over them. I started ordering photo books here and there from an online source that was running a sale. My paper scrapbooking days were behind me.
Enter My Memories Suite. It's a digital scrapbooking software. I didn't even know such a thing existed. After downloading the scrapbook software , I played around with it this weekend. It was overwhelming at first. So many choices! So many things you can do. I used one of the My Memories Suites packages to create this book on a whim, just pulling a few old photos I collected in the past month. I'm going to add some family history text to each page. I thought it would be a cool way to display some of my favorite old photos.
And of course I had to create a page for my dogs. They are my furry children. What kind of mother doesn't create a page for her kids? I designed this template on my own. I'm not arty farty, so if you laugh, no worries. Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride (name that tune).
You can also create your own photobooks, which I'm in the midst of doing. I like that it offers way more customization than anywhere else I've seen. You can do calendars, cards. The possibilities are endless.
If you're a scrapbooker, this is totally up your alley. If you're not a scrapbooker, you'll like this as well. This would be great for making gifts for people, to chronicle your year, to keep track of your baby's milestones, etc. Endless possibilities - another way of saying the possibilities are endless.
Pros: scrapbook creation without the work, lots of choices, easy to customize, fun
Cons: Long time to download
You can get $10 off using the code STMMMS39272 at My Memories Suite.
It's time. My first giveaway. My Memories Suite gave me a software package to review, and they also gave me one digital scrapbooking software kit to give to one lucky blog reader. Please enter below! This giveaway ends on Sunday, you can tweet about it daily to increase your chances of winning.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Now, go forth and create.
And check out Chelsee over at Southern Beauty Guide. She was nice enough to nominate me for a Liebster. Thank you thank you!