Tuesday I made a speech that sounded like this: "We're supposed to do the show in two days, you won't show me the lifts, I'm not sure of the turns, I'm doing all this to save your ass, what I really want to do is drop you on it!"
Then I said to her, "I sound like Baby in that scene from Dirty Dancing where they're sweaty and angry and screwing up the dance, don't I?" Obviously not being AS familiar with the movie as me, she did a funny little laugh and backed away from me. I continued, "You know, before they break the car window with a rock, head to the lake in the rain and do the lift in the water?" Bone up on your Dirty Dancing, sweetheart. That's all I've got to say.
3. The incorrect use of the possessive apostrophe is driving me utterly insane. The misuse is rampant lately - I've seen it all over facebook. WHAT GIVES? I want to shake everyone making things possessive when they need not be and leaving the possessive off when it is required. GET A GRIP ON THE POSSESSIVE APOSTROPHE, PEOPLE.
4. I dream about creating my own headboard with a sumptuous fabric and nailhead trim. Then I shake myself and realize the weird requirement I have in which my bed must always be located underneath the window will prohibit this for all eternity. It seems to be a lot of work to do for a spare room.
|Crate & Barrel headboard. Photo from cococozy.com|
5. I keep seeing people wearing Converse in awesome colors, and I want to get them. Then I remember how much I hated them the last time I owned them. Plus they have a lot of white, which I'm against in shoes. Have they gotten more comfortable in the past 10 years?
6. I'm totally into the Hatfields & McCoys on the History Channel. These types of shows are normally not my cup of tea. I prefer the Hatfields even though that Jim Vance is a crazy bastard. I haven't seen part three yet so don't talk to me about it.
7. I am counting down the minutes until my first shore visit of the season, which is next weekend. My whole family is going to Cape May for the weekend to celebrate my Grandmom's 80th. I can't wait!
8. iPhone week two: acclimation. I've been playing solitaire like nobody's business. Plus, hello, I can accessorize my phone. Here's the case I just ordered from Amazon:
9. Did you guys hear about the iseptaphilly.com campaign? I heard it on the radio last Friday and then Gail sent me an email about it yesterday. I laughed maniacally both times.They want people to take videos of why they love to ride SEPTA and post them. Are they serious? Too bad you can't translate stink and heat so they can be smelled and felt on video. Fools.
10. My favorite E-card of the week from pinterest:
This morning I woke up and thought, "Oh good, it's Friday, I can sleep in tomorrow." Wrong. Then I left the house without my breakfast. Then I drove to the train station with the trunk flapping open in the wind. Then I wished very hard for a jackpot winning lottery ticket. Then I needed one of these.